Sunday 21 June 2009

Stress

Debt & Demand 2Debt & Demand 2
It’s something that we all experience. We all deal with it in very different ways. Some of us retreat, some of us lash out, and some of us deny. There are all kinds of ways that people try and “make it” through the day. For me it’s pulling back and saying no I can’t do that newsletter this month or no I can’t call that person back right away or even deciding that I need to take a break from work. I NEED to do this or else I won’t be able to recover and I will be useless to anyone who needs me. It’s been a process but I’ve finally learned that I matter and that the world won’t fall apart because I take a break. I find this to be difficult for many people especially women. If we don’t do this we will deplete our reserves and eventually we won’t have anything left to give. And then illness is close behind.
This is a reminder to take or I should say give yourself a BREAK! It’s good for your body, mind and soul. You’ll feel recharged and ready to take on the necesary things we all must do in life.
Remember everyone deals with stress differently but it’s very important to deal with it effectively for better health.
Here are some great ways to help you deal with stress:

  1. Breathing exercises

  2. Make a cup of tea

  3. Take Distress Remedy (I did and it’s amazing stuff)

  4. Talk to a friend/family member

  5. Get a massage

  6. Meditate

  7. Take a walk outside and observe the beauty of our world

  8. Do stretching exercises

  9. Dance

  10. Scream (do this at home alone so you don’t disturb anyone!)

  11. Punch a pillow or a punching bag

  12. Listen to soothing music

  13. Participate in your favorite hobby

  14. Talk to a professional therapist

  15. Blow bubbles

  16. Fly a kite

  17. Nourish your body with whole foods like fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and minerals which help the body cope with stress

  18. Take Colloidal Minerals a wonderful tasting liquid mineral product that replenishes minerals lost during stress

  19. Read an article on my web site: Are you Overstressed?

  20. Read a book

  21. Rent a funny movie

  22. Plant a garden

  23. Buy some flowers for your desk or home or both!

  24. Go on a hike

  25. Take a vacation to a place you’ve always wanted to visit

  26. Play with children

  27. Paint a picture

  28. FILL IN YOUR WAY YOU DEAL WITH STRESS
Of course you’ve probably heard all of this before but sometimes the stress of everyday life or even a very big stressful event takes our breath away and we don’t take the time to take care of ourselves. I felt like this topic bears repeating as it really hit home with me these past few weeks. I did many of these things on the list and it made a huge difference for me in the way I dealt with the very stressful things going on in my life.
Let’s continue the list: Do you have an effective way you deal with stress? Please share by leaving a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment